A unique program in Romania, offering social services to artists who experience difficult life situations due to old age, poverty or poor health.
The program aims, first of all, to satisfy the needs of the beneficiaries as soon as possible, and the creation of a social assistance and moral support framework.
To fulfill its purpose, the partners in the project created a professional structure comprising specialized working instruments, specific human resources, a system of communication and collaboration relationships and rules, skills, knowledge and a set of values adaptable to the particular needs of our beneficiaries:
- Respect for the specific values of the group of beneficiaries
- Equality of chances
- Respect for the option to be helped or not
- Ensuring services adapted to every person
- Family atmosphere
- Respect for privacy
The objectives of the program are:
- To develop social assistance at home, comprising several services which would compensate the lack of the day care centre (physiotherapy, medical assistance, social counselling);
- To create a structure of club-type activities, which could be carried out without the existence of a club-type facility(support groups with the beneficiaries, trips, birthday anniversaries, watching shows);
- To develop artistic and educational activities suggested by the beneficiaries with the program’s logistic support.
The Artists’ Home also proved the fact that the offered social assistance services cannot reach their normal destination, namely the retired artist, without the support of the artistic community and the help of other elderly artists acting as mediators.