Mangalia, August 27 – 29, 2004
The young actors start on a summer theatrical season on the stage of the Cultural Centre in Mangalia. Competition, workshops, guest shows!
Twenty-five theatre managers, personalities of Romanian theatre, actors, directors, theatre critics, worthy representatives of Romanian mass-media institutions, all of them came here to join the new generation of Romanian theatre in this moment of evaluation of their talent.
May the best win!
- Dorina Lazar, actress
- Gelu Colceag, director
- Cristina Modreanu, theatre critic
- Radu Apostol, director
- Cornel Todea, director
Contestants in the individual section
- MARIUS DAMIAN – “The Nitwit” („Netotu“) after I.B.Singer and J.P.Carriere – WINNER
- LEONID DONI – “The Suicide” („Sinucigasul“) by Nikolai Erdman
- MONICA FLORESCU – Rosie in “Slow Dance on the Killing Earth” („Dans lent pe pamantul ucigator“) by William Hanley – Sica Alexandrescu Award
- MAGDA FRUNZA TANCA – “And… why?” („Si ….pentru ce?“) collage after N Cassian, M. Tvetaeva, Prevert, Bogza
- LARIS-ANEMARIE GHIUR – Collage from Nina Cassian, Konstandinos Kavafis, Petre Ispirescu, Renato Giordano, Virgil Tanase
- RALUCA SIMONA IANI – “The Necessary Weddings” („Nuntile necesare“), after Dumitru Tepeneag, Vlad Zografi, P. Coelho
- CLAUDIA IMRE – “The Nichita Sensation” („Senzatia de Nichita“) after Nichita Stanescu –WINNER
- RADA IXARI – “Venice is Beautiful in September!” („Ce frumos e in septembrie la Venetia“) by T.Mazilu
- MIHAELA FLORINA MIHAI – “Pages from Anna Frank’s Diary” („File din jurnalul Annei Frank“)
- TURCHIAN NASURLA – “The Guard at the Sand Warehouse” („Paznicul de la depozitul de nisip“) by D.R.Popescu
- MARIAN RADUCU – “A Letter from ZOrba” („O scrisoare de la Zorba“) after Nikos Kazantakis GABRIEL RAUTA – „Jake in The Lie in Me (Minciuna din mine“) by S.Shepard
- OANA RUSU – “The Bridge” („Podul“) by Jaan Tatte – The Timica Award
- BOGDAN IOAN SARATEAN – “A Caretaker and Other Demons” („Un ingrijitor si alti demoni“), after H. Pinter.
- MIRCEA TUDOSA – The Man who Saw Death (Omul care a vazut moartea“) by V. Eftimiu
Contestants in the group section
- “The Bald Singer” („Cantareata cheala) by Eugen Ionescu, directed by Dionisio Vitcu, starring: ANDREEA VIZITIU, RALUCA SIMONA IANI, COSTIN MAXIM, DRAGOS IONESCU, OLIVIU BUGHIU, IULIANA CRETU
- “Fat Girls Always Win” („Fetele grase castiga intotdeauna“) by Madeleine George, directed by Iulia Radulescu, starring: CARMEN FLORESCU, PAULA GHERGHE, LAURA VOICU, ELA IONESCU –WINNER
- “Out at Sea” („In largul marii“) by Slawomir Mrozek, directed by Traian Stefan Soimu, starring: MIHAI MARINESCU, ADRIAN ANGHEL, ALEXANDRU NEDELCU, TRAIAN STEFAN SOIMU
- “For Alejandra” („Pentru Alejandra“) by Alla Graubard, directed by Ofelia Popii, starring: DIANA FUFEZAN , OFELIA POPII, PALI VECSEI
- “Theme and Variations” („Tema si variatiuni“) after I.L. Caragiale, directed by Irina Wintze, starring: CAMELIA CURUTIU, CRISTINA FLUTUR, CATALIN HERLO, ROMUL MORUTAN, IULIA URSA
The jury for the INDIVIDUAL preselection was formed of Cornel Todea, university professor, director, and Eusebiu Stefanescu, university professor, actor, and the jury for the GROUP section was formed of Liudmila Anton Szekeli, university professor, and Tudor Marascu, university professor, director.